My chicks R lost in the mail..............

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by tobin123, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    YES,you read that right.We ordered RIR chicks from another fellow BYC and we sent the money paypal and then he sent us the shipping/tracking # but he overnighted them and we have not recieved them.I called the post office and they looked it up and said that they never left Georgia so I emailed him and he called me to say that he looked it up and they were on their way.Well I looked it up and it said the same they were still in Georgia so WHERE R MY CHICKS.I paid $68 what to do.Hubby got home and called the main United Postal office and they said the same thing as of right now they are in Georgia.I am sooooo confused.They are probably dead now BC of this heat.What would you do what can I do What should I do???????????????????
    HELP:barnie

2. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Here is a Bump [​IMG]

Sorry about the chicken order mess up ! [​IMG]

3. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    sorry but right now you can't do anything as far as the PO is concerned.
    hopefully tomorrow they will show up.
    we have NO over night mail in my part of maine even if you pay for overnight, it's always 2 days.
    you could call the po where they were sent out of and confirm that they were indeed sent. they might be doing a late night shipment due to weather (heat)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  4. tobin123

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    I am still looking for them,the PO tracking number states they have left Indianapolis at 9 pm last night,so where R they now.I will continue to search and keep you updated.

5. tobin123

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    OH MY GOSH,I just picked them up,only 4 out of 22 made it,they are a day late and they are starving and so thirsty.They will not leave the water bowl.I was going to post pictures but I am not for sure if some would want to see them.The box is full of dead chicks I am disgusted with the postal service.

6. tobin123

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    I just spoke with the sender and he is going to replace our order,that is nice.

7. greyhorsewoman

greyhorsewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Endless Mts, NE PA
    If it was express mail, there should have been a 'guaranteed delivery time.' If they did not meet that, I think you may be able to apply for postage reimbursement. Talk to your postmaster.

8. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Oh that is so sad! It has happened to me as well. I pay for express mail and it takes 3 days. The PO's excuse- our city is "too rural" so the time frames don't apply. [​IMG]

9. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    I had this happen once and they only reemberse if it was on the road 3 days. How stupid is that?!?

10. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    I am so sorry for your loss. [​IMG] THat is always so hard! As far as the PO is concerned - waiting 3 days for a guaranteed 2 day service is BS. If they won't honor the 2 day guarantee, then they should tell you that up front. They should maintain a list of places that are just "too rural."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by