My Chicks Shipped today

deChickyHen

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 12, 2011
I ordered 25 White Jersey Giants, they shipped today from Cackle Hatchery, should be here friday, I cant wait, just dont know how the other Chicks are gonna take to them..... well we will see how it goes...

If there is more than 2 weeks difference in the age of the chicks I would recommend keepng them seperate from the others at least till a couple of months old.

They are 4 weeks old, but they are hatched from one of my broody hens, she is great, I have 1 that is 2 weeks old hatched from another broody hen and they protect each other chicks, I think thats pretty awesome, no probs with the older ones attacking the lil one.

The broody PWR that has 1 chick, she is still sittig on about 15 eggs, so my plan is to move the eggs and put the chicks in there place when she goes to range, I hope it works, she has been working very hard to hatch them and I kinda feel sad for her.. it has been over 25 days and i dont think that they are gonna hatch. she looks soo sad when her lil one runs off with the other chicks, so I think that she is the perfect choice to take care of the new babies....

Back
Top Bottom