My chicks that dealt with high temps are still develping!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by monarc23, Jan 9, 2009.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    If anyone remembers myposts before, one day early in my chicks development (as eggs lol) my inc went up to 107......I lost a few chicks from it when I candled them at 7 days and saw when they stopped developing.

I still had several eggs going, and then the incubator spiked to 108 for who knows how long (probably all night long I am unsure). I lost about 5 chicks from that and was really devistated.

Those chicks are on day 13, and the veins look strong, and the chicks are swirling around all in there, in just a few days I know I wont even be able to see into the eggs! lol

I had "younger" eggs in there during the 108 spike, I just candeled them today and ALL are developing!!!! They're 7 days inc'd today.

I candled some that are 7 days inc'd tomorrow but it was too hard to tell so I'll wait a few days and candle again. *nope not breaking any opened on the questionables anymore just incase [​IMG] ![​IMG]

My only problem now is, my hydrometer was lying about the temp, so instead of it being 100 F it was more like 98 F but it obviously hasn't effected the chicks. Though I realize they may hatch much later than their due date, which is fine, although I'll be driven crazy waiting ha ha!

I am just so excited and had to share...I cannot wait to show pictures of the fluff balls that BETTER hatch out! LOL!

None of my GC x GC crosses can i tell if they're fertile or not, they're such dark brown eggs! grrr! LOL! It's pretty bad when i can candle RIR eggs, but cant their crosses.....I *THINK* I saw a vien in one for a second, but i have no clue what I really saw, or if i was just WANTING to see a vien. LOL. I know they're fertile though.....just a matter of if they are developing.

[​IMG]

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    So glad they still have a chance !!!!!! [​IMG]

Hope they all hatch for you [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Congrats!! [​IMG]

so happy they are doing great [​IMG] i am gonna keep track on this one!

4. Felicitas

Felicitas Chillin' With My Peeps

That's great, I'm so glad to hear it. Sending you more good hatch vibes ... [​IMG]

5. luvchikies

luvchikies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    I have mine on day 7 too! I have a question. My temp is at 101.8 and if it reaches 102 will that be bad??? will they die? and also if the temp goes down to 98 is that still good? I really need someone to answer me this answers. I would apreciate it

6. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    thanks guys! I will be updating [​IMG]

7. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Just wanted to update that I JUSt got done candling eggs again to insure that the ones that i knew were developing still were and they were! Eggs I put in on day 7 I can already see lil embroyos developing in! I am on CLOUD NINE!!!!

I hope soon I can updated with chicks o' fuzzy chicks! First few due on Jan 17th [​IMG]

8. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:AWESOME! [​IMG]

can't wait to see the little cuteness babies!

9. Suellyn

Suellyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    SouthWestern PA
    I am sooooooooooo happy for you & your future fuzzybutt babies!!! I think that all in all, they are much stronger than we sometimes think, I am a newbie but have read story after story on here about eggies hatching "against all odds". If it's meant to be, then (like they said in Jurassic Park) "Nature Finds a Way..." [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] !!!

10. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:[​IMG] I hope and believe you are right! It's so facinating seeing them inthose eggs them reassuring me they're fine [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by