My chicks were due on Sunday 5-23-10

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Trog, May 25, 2010.

1. Trog

Trog Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2010
    Bloomer
    Okay so, no action in the incubator again today. [​IMG] I am going to throw in the towel.[​IMG] Is there any benefit to breaking these eggs open to see the stage in which they stopped growing?[​IMG] They aren't moving pipping, anything....Still no foul smell. Any suggestions?[​IMG]

2. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

I've read lots of posts where chicks hatched 5 days past their due date, so I wouldn't throw in the towel unless you see seepage or smell something funky. Here's hoping you have good results from your reluctant chickies.

3. justtoni44

justtoni44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    HI, Mine did not start till day22..............then just one..........productive the next two days and one on day 25.
    Are certain your heat and humidty were pretty much right on for the hatch.
    I lost one batch because I did not know to calibrate the hydrometer....when I did, it was 8 points off.
    Good luck

4. Trog

Trog Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2010
    Bloomer
    I don't have a meter for humidity in the incubator. I have only kept the reservoir in the incubator at its necessary levels. Temp has been constant at 100deg. There is no smell, but really no action at all. [​IMG] I really don't know what to do. There are 18 eggs. Nothing fancy just some browns, but it seems like something should happen! Some people have said 23 days, and now 25. I'm not sure when I should throw in the towel. Will there be some terrible smell?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by