My chicks will be here Friday!*Update*They're here!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by silkiesforme, Aug 17, 2010.

1. silkiesforme

silkiesforme Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2010
    Kansas
    I cannot wait! I ordered 30 silkies from Cackle and they will be in Friday. I hope they do allright in the heat but the post office said I could pick them up at 5:00 AM when they called if I wanted them to. I can't wait! I haven't had silkies for two years and I miss them! My husband and I decided to go back to school and get our teaching degrees, I am also an RN, so it has been a crazy year, we're in our last year and this is my last hard semester. So I decided since I won't be able to go anywhere as I will always be home doing homework, I would order some silkies so that by next spring, they will be of good size and ready to hit the shows. I have ten more whites coming from Ideal next week, I only have three adults left at home, one black hen and two bearded roos. I am just so excited!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]:yiipchick I'm very envious!

3. nuts4chickens

nuts4chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2009
    Kingston, GA
    I am soooo jealous! Congratulations! I feel myself getting the "chick" bug...but I am trying to wait til Spring. Until then. I will live vicarously through you! Make sure to post pics!!!!!

4. nuts4chickens

nuts4chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2009
    Kingston, GA
    I am soooo jealous! Congratulations! I feel myself getting the "chick" bug...but I am trying to wait til Spring. Until then. I will live vicarously through you! Make sure to post pics!!!!!

5. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Congrats and I am so jealous. Hubby says I cant have anymore for awhile. I dont know why I only have 8 RIR that just started to lay,2 barred rock roos and 2 pullets 11 weks old, 2 naked necks 5 weeks old. and 5 assorted chicks( 2 americauna 2 black australorps and 1 we dont know). Just rehome 3 barred rock roos 1 black australorp roo and 1 naked neck roo. So whats the problem? I dont see one. [​IMG]

6. silkiesforme

Aug 15, 2010
    Kansas
    I will post pictures! They may not be show quality, but they are the best stress reliever for me and I do plan on attending some local shows just to get started. Someday when my son graduates from high school and I have nothing to do on weekends, I would like to travel and show. This semester I have 30 college credit hours to try and finish this degree so I am all about the stress relievers. [​IMG]

7. silkiesforme

Aug 15, 2010
    Kansas
    Quote:I don't see the problem either! Sounds to me like they need some more friends. [​IMG]

8. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    I love my chicks that I got from Cackle. All healthy and great personalities, all arrived in perfect health.
    Good luck and don't forget to post pictures !!!!!

9. silkiesforme

Aug 15, 2010
    Kansas
    They are here and they were all alive! They are nice looking chicks! I ordered black, blue and buff silkies but they didn't have buff so there are some that are pale silver looking, I am guessing splash. They were pretty thirsty so I dipped beaks and put them in their cozy coupe brooders and they are warming up right now. I will get pictures later but they look really good! I hope they all make it! I think I ordered either 25 or 30 not sure without looking at the invoice, but I got a little over 30. I am soooo happy! [​IMG]

10. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by