my chick's wings are down?

Gardenpig

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 8, 2010
OC
just got another chick the other day and her wings are down. why is that? when she sleeps she sleeps near the light so i figured she can't be hot... is she sick? or are her wings just too heavy for her? should i try clipping her wings?

I wouldn't clip her wings at this point. It is not a good sign that she is drooping like that. You may have to wait till morning for some more experienced BYC members to help with a cure, and or reason.

Quote:
Is she doing anything else?? Mine was sick when she was little and she did not hold her wings up either!! I got some polyvisol baby vitamin drops and gave them to her for a few days and she perked up! I also held her off and on and had her in her own little box next to my chair for most of one day to keep an eye on her. She did almost die, but she was a scrappy fighter!!! What other symptoms does she have? Mine was withdrawn and the others would run around her bumping into her and she'd just stand there and stare at the wall and not move much... She had very little strength in her legs and when i'd pick her up she curl her foot up. Her little legs and feet were so skinny and weak. If you do the liquid baby vitamins, get a tiny little dropper to go with it! They have a huge hole and it lets out WAY too much and the chick might choke! Mine did!! it was awful.......
Good luck!!!
ps oh! without iron!!! that is important...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom