1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Keisha, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    [​IMG]
    They are here, and they are very cute. In that pic (btw they are not all there, we were holding two)they were in a storage tub, but now they have a wooden box. There is 10 Cornish, 2 or 3 Aruacanas, and the rest are still to be determined. Theres Rhode Island Reds, and Hardy Concords, which are hard to tell the difference between. There are Barred Rocks too. And a Silver Lace Wyandotte.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  2. michellerene

michellerene Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Graham, WA
    Love the little red ones! How adorable! [​IMG]

3. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Hi Keisha! Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]
    What a great little bunch of peeps! Is this your first batch or do you have chickens already?

4. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    Well we had chicks maybe 5 years back, but my neighbors found out that we were going to put them outside in a coop. (we lived in town at the time) and they threw a fit. So they went to a farm.
    (were in the country now)
    Then not too long ago, maybe march?, we got three 1 year old roosters, and now we found out that they are not the friendliest and they chase kids. So I think they are going to get given away.

Aprill 15th at the waverly swap meet we picked up 2 pullets and a cockeral, they are Brahma Bantams.

But besides that this is it. We're goingto be eating the 10 cornish rocks, though they are just so cute, i dont know if we can! [​IMG]

Then in May or early June we are getting more guineas (we have four now that we picked up at the same swap meet) so they keep our tick population down. We haven't decided whether or not to get the older ones, or get chicks. And where to get them. Hmmm.

BTW, just a quick question, at this age, can you sex them, and if so how do you do that? These were strait run.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by