My chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by GoldSilkie, Apr 25, 2008.

1. GoldSilkie

GoldSilkie New Egg

Apr 24, 2008
    Here are a few pictures of our baby chickens. There are 9 ameracauna (EE) pullets, 4 gold sex link pullets, 5 st. run blue silkie chicks, and 5 barred rock cockerels (eek, we will have to give away 4 of them, but I plan on keeping one of them since they are sweet). They were all hatched on April 14th.

2 days old:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Almost 2 weeks old:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. farmerwannabe

farmerwannabe Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2008
    Eastern PA
    Oh - they are so adorable! Mine are 5 weeks old now, and it's just amazing how quickly they grow! How I'd love to have them fuzzy like yours again! Enjoy!

3. mandomama

mandomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    corvallis oregon
    Very cute and really nice colors!

4. chickenhawk59

chickenhawk59 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2008
    Opelika Alabama
    The ones that look like a chipmunk are those the ameraucana?

5. GoldSilkie

GoldSilkie New Egg

Apr 24, 2008
    Thanks, I am really enjoying watching them grow. Can't wait until our next day off so we can start on their coop. The ones that look like a chipmunk are the ameracaunas. They probably are really Easter Eggers though since most hatchery chicks don't really match the standard but they will lay pretty eggs for us which is all that really matters:) My favorites are the silkies and the gold sex links, they seem to be the calmest ones of the group while the ameracaunas seem more skittish so far. The little barred rock cockerels are pretty nice though so I plan to keep one. I hope that at least one of the silkies is a pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by