MY chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by stephanie1992, Feb 2, 2012.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

Gender?? Best Pics I Could Get of them

CHICK 1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CHICK 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CHICK 3

[​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    How old are they? They're so cute! It looks like they're trying to dust bath on your carpet! haha I'm not the best guesser.....

3. stephanie1992

lol they were trying to dust bathe on it. they wouldnt stay still haha. I looked on my calander cuz i couldnt remember correctly. i thought they were 6 weeks old. but there only 5 Weeks old.

4. stephanie1992

Any other guesses????

5. fancyfeathers38

fancyfeathers38 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    Australia.
    Boy, Girl, Girl. Still a bit difficult to tell.

6. stephanie1992

the reason im in a hurry to find out is because my parents want me to get rid of them this weekend and i can only keep a few girls. i would like to keep these but dont want to give up the wrong ones. all boys must go

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  7. looks like all pullets, they have pretty pale and small combs, but im going to guess on my own chickens and ill tell you how accurate i am (prolly get like 1 right??)

8. stephanie1992

lol thank u for ur guess.

Im actully thinking that the Wyandotte cross is a male, it has red wattles already and its combs getting pink. also its slower feathering than its hatch mates

9. that chick 2?? he does have some red wattles but their awfully small but then again, i dont guess well. But last year i got like an 80% right? i think? i got most of them right mostly since we had 2 roos, a delaware and a silkie, but it may have been 2 silkie roos [​IMG] We have chicks likee every year but i dont really remember how many i get right. the day we get our chicks (TWO MORE DAYS) im gonna guess, i know i will be wrong since im going to guess them all hens LOL

10. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    my guess is cockerel cockerel pullet. 1st one has a bigger comb than the last one even though its not red yet, also its legs are thicker than the last one's to (i dont go by that to much though). 2nd by the wattles and comb, both have red in them already, also the thick legs. 3rd has the smallest comb and legs out of the 3 chicks

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by