my chicky :(

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chicky2010, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Chicky2010

Chicky2010 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    Hondo
    i had this chick i raised in my apartment. he was so lively. my favorite pet so far. yesterday he died. i wanna get another but i dont know what breed he was. can someone help me? i hate how quiet its been since he died. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    Could be a Welsummer, but I'm not 100% on that so don't hold me to it! [​IMG]
    Sorry for your loss by the way.

3. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm not sure what breed. Do you realize that was a cockerel? I'm thinking the neighbors in an apartment would have an issue with that. I also think lack of sunlight could have a part in the youngster not making it. They need a certain amount of sunlight to be healthy. Chickens actually sun bathe daily.

4. Chicky2010

Jun 8, 2010
    Hondo
    yes i understand he was a toosty roosty. he wasn't able to crow yet. i checked the welsummer pics. look alot alike but the feathers of the chicks look lighter. anyone else think of anything?

5. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

brown leghorn?

6. Chicky2010

Jun 8, 2010
    Hondo
    hmm. i dont think its a brown leghorn. some people said it may be a rhode island red. does anyone else have any suggestions or can point me to some pictures that may help?

7. Chicky2010

Jun 8, 2010
    Hondo
    when i caught him idk if this helps but his mom was a dark color. almost black. she took off before the chicks did. kinda sad.

8. KatietheHen

KatietheHen New Egg

Jun 26, 2010
    aw:( sorry for ur loss. ide miss my chickens if they died (or when)....sorry but i dont know wht kind it is good luck dude

9. Chicky2010

Jun 8, 2010
    Hondo
    it died right in my hands. i didnt know what to do. its head was jerking back and forth and blood dripped out of his mouth. after he died i looked in his mouth and there was blood filling up his throat. idk what happened. it was scary/sad.

10. Chicky2010

Jun 8, 2010
    Hondo
    i seen a pic of a rhode island and a welsummer and both look almost like him. rhode island a little more. anyone got anymore ideas or pictures? i appreciate anything.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by