My chics didn't show today :(

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hd_darcy, May 21, 2010.

1. hd_darcy

hd_darcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Well, I ordered some Frizzles last week, and they were suppose to be there this morning. The feed store was truly apologetic when he informed me they didn't come. They are missing in action. He's not pleased. He said that this has happened before and at least half of the chicks have died. How sad to think that "my" chicks are out there somewhere lost...grr...needing food and water!! Anyway, he said if they show up tomorrow they will probably be in rough shape and he will keep them until at least Monday. Otherwise, I'll have to get another order in.. GRR... Has this happened to anyone else?
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  2. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    call the company to make sure they were shipped.. sometimes they can't fill the order and ship later than you think. they won't call you to tell you either.. so i would call to verify they were shipped.. mine came the 3rd day and i immediately put them on nutri/drench. i got it at tsc. i also wet their food with the mixture so they got the vitamins whether they ate or drank.. one i had to force feed with drops on the beak. the next day all were happy and running around and starting to eat on their own.. gl with those babies. they are now 6 weeks and healthy and happy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by