My Chics Made It In A Few Casualties

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by edbama2, Feb 27, 2007.

1. edbama2

edbama2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    Well they are in and I just got done watering them. Typing one handed because one of them is too small and delicate. It is one of the polish chickens. I have seen several Naked necks, RIR's, chipmunk look a likes, and who knows what else. I will figure it out eventually. So far 9 have not made it. They were shipped out Saturday and just got here. [​IMG] for the few, but [​IMG] for most. [​IMG]

2. Foghorn

Foghorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Thats not too bad edbama2. I hope you have no more go down on ya. Good luck!

3. Foghorn

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Hows that pool table looking? Pretty full? And loud I bet! Where are the pics?

4. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    How many did you order, I guess that's not too bad considering what's been happening. I think the hatcheries should keep the chicks if there is bad weather, but i guess they would be stuck with a lot more chicks they can't ship. Mine aren't due to arrive til april 28 but even then it could get cold.

5. edbama2

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    [​IMG] Here is one pic so far. I am busy trying to keep them happy. I ordered 101. And yes they do make alot of noise. LOL. [​IMG]

6. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    What an nice brooder set up you have. Looks like a nice selection. Nine out of 100 is not really to bad in the weather conditions we are experiencing. Good luck with you nice flock.

7. edbama2

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    Thank You for the compliments. It was just a quick throw together that is light enough to move around. The peeps are loving the running room. [​IMG]

8. Foghorn

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    They look great! Whats the age difference with the older birds?

9. edbama2

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    I am not sure but about 2 weeks, 3 tops. I bought them at the co-op and they weren't sure. The funny thing is one of the new Aruacanas keeps picking on the older chics. I'm guessing this one will be a Roo, not even a week old and finding the bigger ones to pick on. [​IMG]

10. cornishman

cornishman Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2007
    question? how warm is it in the room that you got your peeps? is the lamp in the corner of your nice looking box their only heat source? i think the reason you lost 9 bitties is they got a little too cold. you sure built a nice looking brooderbox...good job! cornishman.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by