My chiken is opening her beack weirdly

6_Plymouth_Rocks

In the Brooder
Sep 1, 2021
White chicken peanut is around 30 weeks old and today I picked her up to know something strange. First off I realize there's some balding on her head which she's not molting. Then I realized she was closing one I like she was sleeping and with her beak she was moving the top part of her beak up and out. She did this many times and I started to get worried. I grabbed some lettuce that she could eat and she was eating it with her one eye closed. The feathers look like they were plucked and there was a little bit of blood. But the weird movement of her beak in her eyes closed at the same time really scared me.

Please respond if you know anyting.

Thank you

6_Plymouth_Rocks

In the Brooder
Sep 1, 2021
White chicken peanut is around 30 weeks old and today I picked her up to know something strange. First off I realize there's some balding on her head which she's not molting. Then I realized she was closing one I like she was sleeping and with her beak she was moving the top part of her beak up and out. She did this many times and I started to get worried. I grabbed some lettuce that she could eat and she was eating it with her one eye closed. The feathers look like they were plucked and there was a little bit of blood. But the weird movement of her beak in her eyes closed at the same time really scared me.

Please respond if you know anyting.

Thank you
*my chicken peanut
* one eye

Top Bottom