My children, husband and neighbor boy are driving me nuts

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by deb1, Aug 6, 2008.

1. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Today is the 21rst day for our eggs. I have told everyone that the eggs may not hatch. My kids are staring into the incubator and wanted to know if they could get their friend to watch with them. He wanted to spend the night on the off chance that the eggs will hatch at night.

Even my husband has been caught staring into the incubator and claiming that they moved when he obviously had just leaned on our wobbly table.

Every dark mark on the eggs are thought to be new cracks.

sigh. They are all driving me nuts.

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Been there, done that.....ain't it fun!! [​IMG]

Hope you get a good hatch!

3. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Got to love it. At least there are enjoying it.

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    They sound as bad as me [​IMG]

5. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Yes. And now they have me driving my own self nuts. All four of my kids, even the oldest boy, swear a little triangle mark on top of the egg is a chick breaking out. I can not tell. I think it is just a mark. But, I am driving myself nuts looking at that mark with them.[​IMG]

I am just going to take a nap. That way I will forget about the suspense.

6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Tell them they aren't allowed to make a sound or talk about the bator until they hear peeping. Then they can come and get you. Worked the first time we hatched out eggs and everyone was being a pest.

Second time we ran the bator only I checked on them, then everyone came when I said they were hatching.

Third time... I had to make them come look at my new babies!

Good luck on your hatch!
    I have to add that it is beautiful to watch a new life coming out of that carefully tended egg. I never get tired of watching that miracle. Apparently my kids did, though.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  7. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Tell your hubby and kids they can come over here and obsess with me. mine are wiggling and peeping....but they're NOT COMING OUT!!!!! i keep calling the kids in to join me but I'm basically the nutty mom who stares at barely wiggling eggs.
    you should see their faces as they shuffle dutifully in (over and over) I'm totally torturing them![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by