My Children Received a Blessing today!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Quail_Antwerp, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    We are a new to homeschooling family, and just about a month ago I made the decision to use the Rod and Staff Curriculum. My husband and I live on a tight budget most of the time, so I have been trying to get most of the curriculum text books off eBay at a used price so we won't have to buy brand new. A years worth of curriculum per grade runs around $200, so whatever textbooks we can get used, great!

I had found second grade science for 99 cents on ebay, inquired to the seller what shipping would run us, and while we were debating on bidding or not, a problem arose and she was not able to sell us the set. This wonderful lady felt so badly about what happened that she went above and beyond herself and sent us all the Rod and Staff materials she had left FREE!

This woman is a true blessing and I hope she is repaid for her kindness ten fold!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  2. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG] That's great! I know that for myself being able to give to some one that truly appreciates it is such a joy that it is repayment enough for me.
    Mitzi

3. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    What a wonderful blessing to you and may the Lord bless her for her kindness.

4. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Isn't it great when you find nice people in this big mean world. I am so happy for you and your family.

5. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    It is so nice to hear wonderful stories about the good things people do. Thanks for sharing.

6. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I sure love hearing stories like this one. I know there are so many good people out there, it just seems that we only ever hear about the rotten apples. I'm happy for you. What a kind, wonderful woman.

7. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    We are bombarded with all the bad things around us all the time... it's so uplifting to hear that how wonderful people can be! Thanks for sharing a good story.

8. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    What a wonderful blessing.

Thank you for sharing.

me,
    g

9. geckomama

geckomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    [​IMG] much blessings and good karma her way....

I truly believe in "what goes around, comes around" So you and your family must be very wonderful as well! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by