1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chocolate muscovy... Gender?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Going Quackers, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    It's ok.. i'm now pretty darned certain their both drakes.. appreciate the help with the genders though [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  2. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Based on the legs, I'd say drakes. They are pretty.

I was surprised at the actual difference in leg size. Everyone had said it but seeing it first hand, wow.

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    The one on the left looks like drake by looking at legs not sure abvout the other when looking at legs from this angel the left legs look larger. and look at the legs of the white one in the last pic how bulky the legs look.

4. Going Quackers

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Quote:I know, it's driving me crazy! i agree and in person the one on the right(no white on chest) appears to be a touch smaller overall and in leg sizing... my hens are really small though... Here is a shot of my drake and one of the hens from today you can really see the overall sizing difference, which isn't making this whole figuring out the chocolates gender's any easier, there bigger than my white hens but smaller than the drake but then their younger... again i want that attached gender card lol

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  5. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:I know, it's driving me crazy! i agree and in person the one on the right(no white on chest) appears to be a touch smaller overall and in leg sizing... my hens are really small though... Here is a shot of my drake and one of the hens from today you can really see the overall sizing difference, which isn't making this whole figuring out the chocolates gender's any easier, there bigger than my white hens but smaller than the drake but then their younger... again i want that attached gender card lol

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/pammytwo/IMG_1806.jpg

Those whites are beautiful and yep can sure tell they are a pair. My 17week seems to have slowed down his growth spurt some. I think now it will be putting on bulk. So hopefully in another week or so you'll know for sure.

6. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Your white pair is gorgeous... I would say the one on the left is drake and if the same age then the other is a hen....

7. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    D'Angelo N Va. :

Your white pair is gorgeous... I would say the one on the left is drake and if the same age then the other is a hen....

[​IMG]

8. Going Quackers

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    D'Angelo N Va. :

Thank you!

Yes, the chocolates are the same age. So you feel one is a hen? their still peeping and chirping away... i swear their trying to confuse me lol [​IMG]

9. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  10. Going Quackers

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Quote:Ok, well whatever.. their chocolate brown coloured ducks .. so i'm not getting that [​IMG] ......regardless the colour is irrelevant.. i wanted to know their gender [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by