My Christmas Present Holderread Calls

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by linda_zeagler31002, Nov 21, 2010.

1. linda_zeagler31002

linda_zeagler31002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Adrian, Georgia
    [​IMG]
    Holderread Grey Calls
    [​IMG]
    Holderread Austrailain Spotted Greenhead Calls
    [​IMG]
    Holderread Minature Silver Appleyard Calls
    [​IMG]
    Holderread Blue Fawn Calls
    [​IMG]
    Holderread ButterScotch Calls
    [​IMG]
    Lee Morey White Calls I got these Spring and hatched out of 4 eggs/accidently cracked one /3 hens on first hatch
    [​IMG]
    I got 12 of these Spring as babies, this is a pair of my 2-trio's I kept East Indies

I love Christmas, my hubby is the best, the best Christmas present ever!!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    OMG u must send me some eggs next year from them!! [​IMG]

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I want more Calls for Christmas, too!
    Congrats on your new duckies.
    [​IMG] Love your East Indies-trying to restrain myself from getting any of those...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  4. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Wow! The miniature appleyards and butterscotch calls are STUNNING. They're all beautiful, but those are my faves. Thanks for sharing!

5. linda_zeagler31002

Jun 12, 2010
    Adrian, Georgia
    Ain't I got a great husband, I have a duck farm, oh, you got to see my Mandarin, after failing at spending mega bucks for eggs, he told me to find me the ducks and buy I have 2-pair of White Mandarin, Pair of Split, and 3-pair of Regular, my pics are on my website ZeaglerDuckFarm.com, go look at all my babies, I took new pics of all them today, I am working on loading them today and tommorrow, I have over 300 LOL duck, geese, waterfowl, Chicken, thanks for all the great comments!!

6. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    you hubby spoils u????? nah just looking at all the new duckys nahhhhhhh [​IMG]

7. chikky

chikky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    Glenmont, Ohio
    I want some for Christmas too! Your Santa needs to talk to my Santa [​IMG]

8. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    So cute! You have a couple of the Calls turned around though. Your Butterscotch drake as pictured is actually your Blue Fawn and the Blue Fawn is the Butterscotch. Your Butter hen really looks more like a Pastel too, but she is I'm sure just a darkly colored Butter. Adorable! I have some new birds coming from them again this year as well. [​IMG]

9. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    And the austrailian spotteds and mini appleyards are just that, not calls. They are all beautiful!

10. linda_zeagler31002

Jun 12, 2010
    Adrian, Georgia
    Well I am going to have to call Holderread, about this mispairing, because they were tagged and paired and if they are mispaired I just may have a problem, thank you CityChicker for bringing this to my attention, and yes, and about the Australian Spotted (In spite of their name, these birds are an American creation, a bantam breed developed in the 1920s and first exhibited in 1928. Mallards, Pintails and Calls are said to have been the foundation stock, with possibly a trace of a (now unknown) spotted species of Australian wild duck), because of there breed line they are counted as calls, and the Minature silver appleyard, well (This breed also appears in miniature, as the Bantam Appleyard. as the Silver Call and as the Miniature silver appleyard call) the quotes in parenthsis came from wikipedia along with this (The Call Duck is a bantam breed of domesticated duck raised primarily for decoration or as pets. Call ducks look similar to Mallards, but are smaller in size.) and according to leading call duck breeders around the world they are not just that, but they are classified as calls, I do not want you to take offense to this dutchhollow, but they are calls, and thank you for the beautiful comment, I have truly admired them sitting in my swing behind there pens, I sit in the early a.m. and drink my coffee watching them and they are just so amazing and sweet, oh and so darn vocal, LOL. I just can't wait until spring gets here and they go to having babies, oh boy!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by