1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My closest neighbor is mad at me over a roo,,,, not what you think!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, May 15, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I let a bunch of my boys go to new homes this week, they will be better off and have their own ladies, and my ladies will get a break from all the attention. So my mom just calls me to tell me she forgot to give me a message. My neighbor about 6 acres away stopped by today to ask about my chickens because her husband was commenting he hadn't heard my strange sounding roo for a few days. He liked the crow of one of my bantams, kind a half crow half gargle... Anyway they were worried because they hadn't heard him. So my mom tells them I sold him and they got upset because every morning and at noon he crowed and they actually listenend for him! She said if she'd known I was selling him she would have bought him for her hubby.

2. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Oh, to have a neighbor like that! we have great neighbors on one side and folks who keep dogs penned up to bark for ns explicable reason on the other.

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm lucky, I have good people around me.

4. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    personally, I'd buy more chickens, until you find one that sounds just like him [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Actually, that's rather sweet!

6. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I thought it was too, a coworker bought the little roo and I'm going to ask if she might trade for another one and just give them Snowball. My coworker is really nice and doesn't see chickens as pets, so I imagine if I offered the other little roo she'd do it. They were both out of the same hatch but one crows just fine and the other kind of starts halfway through, then gargles, then finishes.

7. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

I've got neighbors two doors down who love hearing my rooster, their property extends behind mine and when they're working down there Stumpy will crow and crow, protecting his girls from those two-legged predators [​IMG]

8. Black Feather

Black Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Welllll, you could always try to get the little roo back and give him to them [​IMG]

9. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Aw [​IMG] poor neighbor lol I have great neighbors too!

ETA: I love to hear my roo and the neighbors roos go back and forth lol I guess I'm a werido, but it has never botherd me!

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I love my roos!!! Hens are nice, but the boys club has it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by