My cochin roo is acting odd

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MamaMarcy, Apr 7, 2012.

1. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    My sweet bam cochin rooster (Batman) has never acted like this...he's sweet and lets me hold him, bathe him etc. He's just over a year old.

The other day he flogged my 8yo Henrik (he did not hurt him) and now every time he sees Henrik now he starts crowing.

This afternoon I found Batman sitting on 2 eggs and tossing straw over himself as he did so.

Any ideas?

2. MamaMarcy

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Can anyone help with this?

3. Den in Penn

Den in Penn Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2011
    SE Pa.
    I can see him crowing when he sees Henrik, He thinks he beat him. But the sitting on eggs thing has me going HUH. Chickens there is always something else.

4. MamaMarcy

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    We told Henrik to stand up to him, and after he kicked at him and crowed back and walked toward him x-number of times he broke down crying "I wanna go in the house!" and RAN to the door (whole length of the yard) with Batman fast in tow. It was hard not to laugh. Thankfully Batman is a small bantam & Henrik is 110 pounds. He's a very mature 8 yo so seeing him "cry like a little girl" and run from this little frizzle rooster was sadly funny in it's own way. I know there's nothing funny about a roo attacking a child...but you get my drift...

I see feathers in the nest. I suspect Baatman is going broody. [​IMG]

5. Den in Penn

Den in Penn Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2011
    SE Pa.
    Well if he is put some eggs under him. While Batman is brooding Hendrik won't have him to worry about.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by