my cockerel sounds like he has a cough/sneeze and hes not cockadooding

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by juleigh chicken lover, Oct 18, 2009.

1. juleigh chicken lover

juleigh chicken lover New Egg

Oct 18, 2009
    [​IMG] hi everyone...totally new to this please advice...my cockerel has been with us 3 weeks, he was waking us up at 6 crowing but now its stopped and i noticed he sounds like hes coughing or sneezing... my other 5 chickens seem fine but colin (the cockeral) is a worry please help!!!!

2. scalaway

scalaway Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Ohio
    I'm bumping you up [​IMG] -- We've got one that's sneezing too and pretty lethargic, she's one of our older hens (2yrs old) she's got funky breathing too rumbly almost ..we've got her isolated from the other chickens just in case...any advice would be great [​IMG]!

3. sammi

sammi Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2007
    Southeast USA
    get some Tylan 50 injectable and syringes at most farm/feed/livestock stores..in the LIVESTOCK section...(not the poultry section) ASAP.

pm me for more info.

give extra protein..such as egg..
    keep warm and out of draft and wet...

give poultry vitamins
    or Poly-vi-sol liquid baby vitamins..Enfamil brand..NO IRON formula..give 3 drops on beak once a day for 3 days, then 2 drops for 3 days, then 1 drop for 3 days.

stress from new environment could have lowered his immune system..and he wasn't immune to the "germs" of your flock.

4. juleigh chicken lover

juleigh chicken lover New Egg

Oct 18, 2009
    many many thanks am off now to get recommended stuff let u no how we do
    again big thanks juleigh

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by