I got my first flock of chicks back at the end of May and built this coop and run during June while the chics were growing in a pen in the garage. The coop was actually bought from someone who was downsizing their flock. It was previously a kids tree house that they converted. I bought it from them for $400 and moved it on my trailer to my shop. I then spent another $400 making repairs and upgrades and staining it as it was sort of rough looking and I wanted it perfect before bringing it home for my wife to see ("if Momma ain't happy...ain't nobody happy" holds true in my house). I used cedar posts instead of pressure treated as I'm a fan of the rustic look. Also, we dug down a solid foot and back away from the coop almost two feet to ensure predators wouldn't get in the run. So far it's worked.... This picture was taken before I built the run: Wind block installed on part of the run. I bought the plastic panels at the Home Depot: "Smoke" UV block plastic over half of the roof of the run to keep the birds cool and dry if they want to hang outside: The next two pictures show the interior chain link fence partition I put up when I introduced some new birds to the flock a in July. I separated them for a couple of weeks until they all got along then pulled half of it back. I kept it in place so I can use it again once I get new birds.