My Condo Coop Build w/Pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by yoie, Feb 8, 2012.

1. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

After having chickens for only a year, chicken math really starts kicking in. With what I already have I am at my max with 12 chickens in one coop and 3 in a dogloo coop. I've also learned what I really need to improve on and make better this time around. So I finally talked my very sweet DH into building me my new Coop, or what I like to call my Condo Coop. I really don't have alot of space for multiple coops so we've combined them all into one divided coop with 4 seperate coop and run spaces so I can divide out my flocks. While my original coop will be turned into a grow out coop or just space for more chicken math [​IMG]

The first pic is of my plans that I doodled for my DH, which he has modified slightly since I am not building inclined [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In the next pic is of some of the materials that we have bought and had left over from the previous coop
    [​IMG]
    And so far what my DH has built. He makes it look so easy to do, he got this much done yesterday evening while I was making dinner. Will update with pics as the coop progresses!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. riverpilot69

riverpilot69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    SE Missouri
    Looks like a good start to a great coop. I am looking forward to watching this project unfold.

[​IMG]

3. yoie

Well today we didn't get any further because it decided to rain [​IMG] and tonight they are calling for wintery mix. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little better weather wise.

4. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Looking Good! I am debating weather or not to build breeding pens similar to these. Great work so far!

Nate

5. yoie

This has been a slow build. Between the rain we have been slowly getting it built. Also finding a way to deconstruct the old run while the chickens are still using it to reuse the materials has been tricky!

Finally the roof is on and the run posts in.
    [​IMG]

Siding up on the front
    [​IMG]

Inside view of each coop, used hardware cloth to cover ventitation between each coop and on top.
    [​IMG]

6. nuchickontheblock

nuchickontheblock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    south portland, maine
    Very nice! I'll be looking for the updates. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Tdub4chiks

Tdub4chiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Constantia, NY
    Can't wait to see more progress pics. Awesome job.

8. Chookpensbuild

Chookpensbuild Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2012
    Nice progresses,just continue to a great job,I'll be looking for the updates.

9. yoie

Got more done this weekend, the rain didn't come! Really wanted to paint the inside before the back wall went up, but of course Lowes was sold out of all 5 gallon jugs of barn paint. Of course they would have a run on it the day I needed it [​IMG] But we got all the walls up and the back doors on and one run completely finished. Even put my two little silkie roosters in the run with an old rabbit hutch for now. Just so we could take down their run for more lumber and fencing. So happy with the way it is going!

Back doors all on
    [​IMG]

The Silkie boys, checking out the new run.
    [​IMG]

Just three more runs to go, plus pop doors and paint!!!
    [​IMG]

10. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I love what you are doing! Keep up the great work!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by