My cooler-bator

ssbs

Songster
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
It cost a whole $11 for me to make, I had everything with the exception of the $8 thermostat and $3 dual computer fan. The light fixture came from a pepto pink mini-lamp that someone gave me.. I already had a 12 volt adapter in a junk drawer from a small water fountian. On the end away from the fan, thermostat and light I drilled two holes that film containers would fit into snugly. The end that didn't have a lid got it's end cut off, they are currently left open with the lids hanging but once we are in lock down they will be closed to up the humidity.. I drilled three 1/8" holes in the thermostat housing so I've only got .2 or .3 degree temp swings. I was keeping a tray of water in the bottom under the plant tray but found that the humidity was too high, a cup which has a smaller surface area works much better.
Front
59857_dscf5203.jpg

End
59857_dscf5208.jpg

Inside end
59857_dscf5209.jpg

I used a piece of fiber board to keep direct light off the eggs
59857_dscf5210.jpg

I space my eggs out until they don't touch, but if I didn't do that then it would hold about 100..

It is doing good so far, I got 25 eggs off of Ebay.. In two different trays from the same person, one tray doesn't look as good as the other. More glowers, but I just accidently dropped an eggs while candling them.. I feel horrible because of the poor chick in it
sad.png

I'm already looking for more eggs that aren't half way across the country

I'm in VA..

I'm looking for jumbo corturnix eggs, because my flock will be meat birds.

I'm really happy with the incubator, it wasn't hard to make and the price was right.. I look forward to using it many many more times.

Very Nice. I Would Try To Get The Humidity Up With More Water Surface Area And Leave The Vents Open If Possible--- Seen Alot Of Folks Suffer Asphixiation During Hatch... The Lil Boogers Are Burning 10 Times More Oxygen During Lockdown And Hatching Than Any Other Time. Hope It Gets The Job Done For You
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom