My coop and run!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by lm84, Nov 3, 2014.

1. lm84

lm84 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2013
    New Jersey
    I finished my coop and run, along with my ador1 automatic door, back in September, but forgot to post the pictures here. it's a 8x12 shed from Lowes that we customized. I don't have pictures of the inside available, but we painted it white to brighten it up, made a poop board filled with pdz and the roosts over it, and put a board across the entrance to hold bedding in. We still want to add nesting boxes accessible from the outside. The run is 12x20, cemented 4x4s with hardware cloth attached with washers. It was VERY hard to dig in our rocky soil, but we have the wire buried about 18 inches all the way around with rocks thrown on top before being covered back up. The top is 2x4 welded wire to keep hawks out, also attached with washers. eventually we will add some kind of roofing, but might just add heavy plastic to keep the snow out this winter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Wow! That's good enough for me to live in!

Does the little girl play with the chickens?

3. AkChris

AkChris Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2014
    SE Alaska
    That looks like a really nice set up.

4. lm84

lm84 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2013
    New Jersey
    She loves the chickens! She pulls grass out to feed them. There is one Buff Orpington that tries to peck her in the eye if she bends over. All the other chickens tolerate her and some seem to enjoy being hugged by her. She has learned to tell the naughty chicken to "go away please".

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Aw, how cute!

6. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop

These two things go together well.....eye pecking chicken, very small child wearing safety glasses. [​IMG]

Nice coop and run!

7. beardedmessman

beardedmessman Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2012
    Wow! Awesome setup, looks really nice.

8. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Your coop/run look great! And I'm happy to see the safety glasses on your little one...little eyeballs (and big eyeballs sometimes...lol) are very tempting to some birds [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by