My coop finally covered and chickens are MAD MAD

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by okiechick57, Jun 17, 2007.

1. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] This was how all my chickens looked when I put them in the coop.............. like they were SOOOOOOOO MAD.. [​IMG]. I had to, I said.[​IMG] it will be ok:) they didn't listen......stomped ,screamed,gave me this look like I was the worst owner they have ever hed.................I actually worried about them be tramatized last night in my sleep...........thats it , I thought.I am losing it or already lost it , if I am [​IMG] worried bout my chickens........I have plenty of other things to think about...........[​IMG] , I am going to try and leave them there for a week.............then let them out and see if they come back in the evening............. thats what this is for.................so they will sleep in hen house.....to be safe............they don't care why.......THEY WANT OUT.! I looked out my window this morning and all 5 of them are staring at me thru the gate.......so now I am trying to find a treat............aka.......bribe to take out with me.......wish me luck...........I never knew chickens could make you feel guilty.! [​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh boy do they! I have 13 RIR that I let free roam....I try to get out there by 9 am, and let them out. Some days, I just cant get out there by 9. When I do finally take my lazy butt out there, they are all standing at the gate...paceing...bawking..and crowing. Yelling at me I suppose..I am late! LOL
    Gotta love the chicken attitude.!

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    My 10 week old chickybabies LOVE acorn squash. When we have it for supper, we save the skins for them. We leave alot too because they love it so much. I think they like popcorn too. just a few bribe ideas.

4. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    You get to wait till 9 to let yours out! I have to be out there at 6:30, 7:00 at the latest.

Marsha

5. okiechick57

Quote:thank you, I took some egg roll ingredients out this morning........you would have thought I was the chicken Queen [​IMG] made my day and theirs haha........they are still pretty mad...pacing.cluckin.and a spittin..........but hey.....I KNOW where my eggs are,they had been laying them in my monkey grass,and an old lawn mower bag [​IMG] .

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  6. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    :| I didn't know chickens spit........

7. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    this is so funny and all so true. I found that mine love watermelon, potato peelings, tomatoes, pineapple, apples, egg shells, corn on the cob, just to give you some ideas for bribery. They will think you are miss wonderful in a few days and come to think of the coop as their elite restaurant. [​IMG]
    Hey, BecyLa- I didn't know they spit either, or have you ever heard them growl? I was looking to see which of my dogs was doing the growing the first time I heard it. I was shocked. It was my little black australorp! Now she is a pistol!!

8. okiechick57

Quote:[​IMG] well.okay, maybe they were not spitting.but I sure felt spit on .......... haha........they have calmed down since I am taking rice.cooked eggs .........I did the raw egg once.boy oh boy.never again........since that day,when they see me gather eggs.........its mayhem........on my feet......running all around....just waiting for me to drop one..which is what happened the first time.I tried watermelon today and they looked up at me like I was nuts [​IMG] ......rice.oh yea.watermelon are you crazy lady! weird little biddy's [​IMG]

9. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    [​IMG]

10. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I keep mine in untill 9 am, so I know they have mostly layed for the day. Some of the hens will come back in to lay, but if I let them out earlier...I get very few eggs for the day. Must be laying them in the woods? LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by