My Coop in smalltown Alberta

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Omeletta, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Omeletta

Omeletta Songster

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    We (DH, with me supervising, swinging a hammer occassionally and hurting people) finished the coop a couple of months ago, but just recently moved the poor thing to it's final resting place after dragging it to all corners of our yard first. I think I'm happy now, and when Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy :thun

It's insulated up the wha-zoo, as we get those eskimo winters here. We will add a heat bulb for just in cases for winter. Dig the heart shaped window! DH said, "you want a window?" "yes please" I say. "Alrighty" says he. "Can it be heart shaped?'' Blank stare(it was a nice blank stare tho) Then some blinking, then a huge grin(cuz he can make his bigger and better than the very competetive friend we have, healthy competition, mind you [​IMG]

Anyways, I'm pleased as punch, and the ladies seem to like it.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    The hearts are sweet. Nice job.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD

[​IMG]

How cute! I assume everything can be secured up at night so no predators can bust in and make a quick meal out of the girls?

4. Omeletta

Omeletta Songster

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    Ya, it's pretty secure. We don't have any coons here, no coyotes, and a cat or dog would have a hard time working the gate latch.

Thanx for looking.... [​IMG]

5. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    It is sooo cute! I just love it! Thank you so much for sharing.

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD

Wow, not even coons!

7. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Songster

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    ahhh!

How cute [​IMG]

8. TreyClark281

TreyClark281 Songster

Apr 9, 2007
    around Katy, Tx
    lucky! no coons nothing!
    nice coop!
    looks well built!
    is there a top on your run??

9. eggzettera

eggzettera Songster

That is really cute. Where are you at? I was born in Edmonton, grew up in Raymond, have lived in Calgary, Lethbridge, Coalhurst, Coaldale and Grand Prairie....

10. Omeletta

Omeletta Songster

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    I live just north of Calgary. Been here for 11 years now. Really like it here, but DH and I are looking for some land, and have been searching in Saskatchewan because it's cheaper there. Prices here have gone thru the roof!
    [​IMG]

We want to do meat birds, turkeys and chickens, pigs, lamb, beef, and a milking cow. People around here are big into organic and free-ranged. Quite a market, for those that can develop it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: