My Coop In Snow!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by catdaddy66, Jan 10, 2011.

1. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    I have not yet been able to post a pic of my coop in the snow so here is my opportunity! Last year there were some beautiful pics posted on BYC and I was kinda jealous, to be honest. No longer!!

[​IMG]

when I checked on the birds this am their water was not even frozen, they had plenty to eat and were happy as they could be!

2. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Wonderful!
    I'd love it if we had snow here, infact we did about 10 years ago. [​IMG]

3. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    nice coop. my chickens water was not frozen either this morning. I was surprised. Went out with fresh water and theirs was fine. I just keep going out to check and make sure. My 1st winter with chickens. And the snow we are in ga. LOL. Crazy

4. catdaddy66

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    Quote:Agreed!! [​IMG] My first winter as well, but the bug has bitten! I will get more this spring but the wife refuses to allow indoor brooding again.

5. moonlyghtegirl

moonlyghtegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2009
    [​IMG] If I did this right here is my run, and coop. I have a small coop inside my run. The run is 16'x20'. We have 8 inches of snow here.

[​IMG]

6. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    I see to turn your lawn mower storage into a chicken coop. LOL

7. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I love the snow. We get a bit more than the Columbia area. My sister lives over in Chapin, I suppose I should call her and se if she got some, too. You are very near to there. I never thought I would see Lugoff with snow!

We got about 8" here. The snow is a good insulator. All my waterers that had snow over them were not frozen but any that were set back into the tractors were frozen and I had a dickens of a time with them. Can't work with gloves on so my bare hands took a beating.

[​IMG]

8. catdaddy66

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    Nadine, I am indeed close to Cola. but Chapin is twice as far! We got 6" here and then freezing rain, so the snow has a crunchy topping that my dogs are loving! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by