1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my coop is almost done just need

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Queen Scoot, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    to paint it and give it a name. hubby and i built it together. any name suggestions?[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    guess no one likes my coop?[​IMG]

3. tricia

tricia Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2007
    West Central Wisconsin
    Quote:Ha ha! It's very nice! Some posts get overlooked at first when there have been a lot of posts made. [​IMG]

Where do you live? What can you tell us about you and/or your chickens that we can work with to get a name?

4. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    i live in oklahoma hmmmm my roosters name is scooter and my 2 favorite hens name are henny penny,and Delilah,our last name is parsons

5. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    parsons' pleasure?

6. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I'm terrible with naming buildings... we didn't name ours.

Kudos for you and your hubby working together and putting together your coop.

Question: Are the nest boxes and roosts sharing the same space? If so, you will end up with poopy eggs. Maybe I just can't see it right. I've got girls who sleep in my nest boxes and I hate poopy eggs!!!!

7. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    no you cant really tell in the picture but the roosts are about a foot and half away from the nest boxes

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I am really horrible about naing things but....what about

Scooter's Place

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Aww I like it! Good work. We made ours too and I think the guys forgot there would not be PEOPLE living in it! They put lights, outlets, insulation, nice floor etc... lol Our coop cost us 600 bucks! NOW I already need another one! UGH! The next one won't be so nice lol. Anyway, how many chickens you keeping in there? I have 5 chickens that need a different coop so I'm thinking I may try your design! I may be making it on my own! [​IMG] The guys are about ready to kill me LOL

10. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    i have 6 hens and scooter....for now as next year we will be getting around 20 hens and will need a bigger coop and run!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by