My Coop is done here is a pic of my auto cup waterer!!!

seattlehens83

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 11, 2011
Seattle
Well I moved my chicks out to their new coop on Sunday and I needed a bigger waterer than what they had in their brooder here is what I came up with...

95665_000_04041.jpg

Already had a problem with it the first night. Came outside to check on the chicks and one of the cups was overflowing so I needed to change some bedding. I did plan for this as you can see the red handles of the ball values. I just shut off the value to the cup and the leak stopped.

Anyone have some experience with using these cups in the coop??? Is this going to work or is it constantly going to be overflowing??? Do I need to devise some kind of filter system to keep the cups from getting clogged???

Thanks,

Colin

Last edited:
I have only ever heard of problems when the pressure behind the cups is too high. If the other cups are fine I'd say you just got a faulty one in the bunch. I also want to know more about these cup drinkers. I have ordered some so will have to rig up my own set up soon

I'll be watching!

We use nipples on the bucket instead of cups, but cups will freeze here so it was a decision out of necessity rather than desire. The nipples leak, or rather splash, a bit, but so far we are very happy with them.

Nice waterer though. Looks like you spent some time on that, great job!!!

Quote:
Haha Thanks! Was going to put this on the wall like I've seen others do but then I figured I was going to run out of wall space the way that I have it setup. This way I can utilize the middle area of the coop!!! Anyone else using these type of cups in their coop???

Quote:
Haha Thanks! Was going to put this on the wall like I've seen others do but then I figured I was going to run out of wall space the way that I have it setup. This way I can utilize the middle area of the coop!!! Anyone else using these type of cups in their coop???

I hope to finish my cup system tonight. It's the type that goes along the wall with 3 cups. I plan on building a second waterer, and love the fact that you can turn your individual cups off. Genius!
clap.gif
May have to rethink the second set up.

YES! I love these cups--and so do the girls! My friend ran a pvc pipe supported on 2x4's along the wall.

It is working great. I may have to wrap pipes in winter, but so be it--I still prefer this method.

66455_332.jpg

66455_334.jpg

Back
Top Bottom