1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My coop is finally done! (pics)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by New Kid In the Coop, Aug 26, 2008.

1. New Kid In the Coop

New Kid In the Coop Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2008
    SW Washington
    What do you think? It took us about 2 1/2 weeks and about $200 but we finally got 'er done!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/img]

This will house 2RIR 2SLW and 1GLW (one is possibly a roo so there might only be 4 birds)

I already put the chicks in there with a heat lamp. They are much happier than in the rubbermaid container! I even found two of them on a roost this morning! Anyway, I just wanted to show off our hard work a little!

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

WOW 200?? That is great! Good work [​IMG] Ours was 600 [​IMG] Maybe more.

3. New Kid In the Coop

Aug 15, 2008
    SW Washington
    We just got done building a deck so we had a lot of left over wood, and we also had some wood from other projects so we used as much as we could. We had to by some lumber and the chicken wire and all of the hardware so it wasn't too bad. We also just painted our house last summer and had some left over so it matches our house! Thanks for the compliment!

4. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    looks great im sure it will serve u and ur girls well [​IMG]

5. hoosierhen

hoosierhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2007
    Indiana
    Terrific coop! I like your run too! Chickens are fun! And they make breakfast!

6. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Wow, that looks really nice. i wish my hubby or i was handy enough to build something like that. You're chickens are very lucky!

So i notice you have a door on the outside and inside. Can a person get inside to clean it? Or is it just big enough for getting a broom inside?

7. New Kid In the Coop

Aug 15, 2008
    SW Washington
    Quote:We have the door on the outside just for feeding and watering so we don't have to wade through chicken poo every morning to feed them. We also have the pop door on a pully system so we can open that from the outside. The pop door also has a latch that we can lock from the outside. We have two locks on the run gate so it's easier to do everything from the outside! The door on the front (inside the run) is bigger for cleaning. We can sweep it out and we can fit through there if we need to get in there to clean. It's been quite a project! I'm sure there will be some other functional ideas we will find later!

8. Zanadi

Zanadi Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2008
    Salem Oregon
    Very nice! Fancy too! I wish my husband and I were as crafty! We really should load up some photos of our coop when it's done...we only have 2 hens.

Edit:

Ooopsies, I don't think the link to the coop we copied is working. It's roughly 3feet x 4feet 5 inches and just under 3 feet high.
    We botched up our measuring a little so we had to wing it but all we have to do now is even up a 'human' side door, put in the roosts, make a nest box, and slap on the roof. We've been working on replacing our front decking all weekend too so it's going on....a 3 day project.

I love looking at everyone's coops! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  9. Hen Daddy

Hen Daddy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    Hey we have a Rubbermaid container too!! [​IMG]

10. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Love it [​IMG]