My Coop "Jardin des Poulets"

Thank you Theoldchick, TXchickmum, nova for your compliments. It's been a fun project. Always tinkering on it though too.

Shell:I think you will really like the removable perches. Can take 'em out and scrub 'em up in the sunshine and removing litter with out another something in the way.

Thanks so much Fishnet! Thanks for looking.
smile.png

Amy, the compliments are well deserved. I have to say that I made quite a few changes as I went alomg with my coop and run. I would work on it, come to BYC and see something and add or change things. Then as the chicks grew I would change things a little. I already have some spring/summer changes planned. I have found in my short tenure of being a "Chicken Rancher" as I like to call it, you have to adapt as the season changes and you run into things not anticipated. I kept a picture log of the whole process for keep sake and once I get more familar and figure out how to upload pictures I will try to post some pics.

Mark

Thank you so much Mark. I have to say that everyday I go out there and I can list about 5 things I can do better almost everytime I'm out there. --some little thing that bugs me that I make better. etc. etc. I know EXACTLY what you mean. I think it's an excuse to be among the chickens too. They are so fun.

I'm looking forward to landscaping it out a bit this spring, with chicken friendly plantings etc. Thinking ornamental grasses and maybe some of my heartier perrenniels that can take a chicken stomping.

Amy, the compliments are well deserved. I have to say that I made quite a few changes as I went alomg with my coop and run. I would work on it, come to BYC and see something and add or change things. Then as the chicks grew I would change things a little. I already have some spring/summer changes planned. I have found in my short tenure of being a "Chicken Rancher" as I like to call it, you have to adapt as the season changes and you run into things not anticipated. I kept a picture log of the whole process for keep sake and once I get more familar and figure out how to upload pictures I will try to post some pics.

Mark
Mark: I look forward to seeing pictures of your coop as well. I'm sure your work on the coop is wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom