1. chickentooth

chickentooth Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2012
    Hartland, Michigan
    This is my coop and the attached pen. My chicks are free range but they also have the pen for outdoor activity and that is what i open and close in the moning and at night. I have attached it to the side f my barn and stained the outside to match. The inside is insulated 2x4 wall with thin osb on the interior. The coop you see in the pen area was my first coop and they still like to go underneath it and dig in the dry dirt so i left it in there for them.
    [​IMG]

2. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Looks great!

3. chickentooth

Dec 30, 2012
    Hartland, Michigan
    thank you for your post. I appreciate it

4. HooverHenHouse

HooverHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Michigan
    Looks nice, you may find keeping that coop in the run will be nice to use for sick birds, or quarantine new birds. =)

5. chickentooth

Dec 30, 2012
    Hartland, Michigan
    Yes when I had new birds i put them into the pen and blocked the entry to the big coop and opened the main door during the day, worked out great. Funny thing is that once in a while one bird in paticular goess into that old coop and sleeps.

6. CluckAcres

CluckAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2012
    Silver Lake, Indiana
    Love how you made the new coop match the barn. Looks very pleasing to the eye.

7. chickentooth

Dec 30, 2012
    Hartland, Michigan
    [​IMG]
    Thank you, here is another pick from an angle showing the door on the end.

8. BirdWalkFarm

BirdWalkFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Very nice , attractive !

9. Sue Gremlin

Sue Gremlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2013
    Oh my gosh, that is beautiful! What is the enclosed cage hanging off the side for?

10. chickentooth

Dec 30, 2012
    Hartland, Michigan
    when i have young birds that are old enough to go outside but not mixing with the others yet i was putting them in there and blocking a section inside, that has its own little door to the inside i can open and close acording to what is needed for seperation. I also introduce them to the outdoors by opening the fron of that and the door almost touches the ground so when they get brave enough they can get down and climb back up when they want. and the over hang serves as a place to get ot of rain and dryer dirt for bathing. Just something i built and it has become a good extra area for whatever really.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by