MY Coop.. PICS... coming along....

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by surfchicken72, Jul 21, 2010.

1. surfchicken72

surfchicken72 Chillin' With My Peeps

well got some more done yesterday with Dad.. here's a few pics... Please see my BYC PAGE FOR FULL DETAILS.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    Very nice!

Actually, I'd love to ask you about those awning windows. I'm trying to decide whether I put in this kind of window or whether I buy a stock window from the store.

What do you use to prop the window open for ventilation? My other concern is with sealing a window like this for winter to prevent drafts; I guess you could just weatherstrip all around the edge.

3. surfchicken72

Quote:I got these for free... I couldn't find a decent window for under $50 so I went with these.... As far as propping them open I'm still milling it over. May do simple eyelets that attach to rafters when open, or simple hinged prop style. .. haven't decided. And yes.. Ii have to trim the entire inside with weather stripping for winter... kinda winging it as I go.

4. kichohana

kichohana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Johnston County, NC
    I like it! I did a window just like your two. I use a small stick to prop it open for ventilation and have latches to secure it shut. It is covered with hardware cloth attached on the inside for security. My girls roost is right at window level - I think they enjoy the view. [​IMG]

Keep the photos coming. I want to see how it progresses!

5. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    Quote:Winging it ...very appropriate for construction of a chicken coop!

6. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Very nice!!!

7. surfchicken72

thanks, all....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by