MY COOP PICTURES

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by funonahonda, Apr 17, 2008.

1. funonahonda

funonahonda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Here are my first coop pictures but not done yet! still need windows and access door to the run. Any suggestions Thanks

htt[​IMG]p[​IMG]/i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk28/funonahonda/coop001.jpg[/img]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  2. funonahonda

funonahonda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Central Ohio
    The coop is 10x6 for no more than 10 hens.

3. mhoward92

mhoward92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2007
    It sounds pretty obvious but one thing you have to think about is how big your nest boxes are going to be. And what their particular layout is going to be. I have heard people say that a window above the nestboxes can be both good and bad. I personally keep the window right above my nestboxes (the hens cannot get to it although they can see out of it) because I live in Northern Michigan and in the winters it gets a little colder near that window. I do this because i don't wan the hens to get comfortable in the nestboxes and start sleeping in them. with your run door. That should be placed upon your desire and needs. It also all depends on what kind of door your planning on using too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by