My Coop & Run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cyberchick, Aug 1, 2010.

1. cyberchick

cyberchick In the Brooder

Jul 17, 2010
    Wirral UK
    Just thought I would put some pictures on my BYC page. My husband built the coop and run for my birthday. I am really pleased with it and thought I would put some photos up. Hope you like them. New to chicken keeping and to the forum. Everybody has been lovely. [​IMG] Like to know what you think.

2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Great birthday gift, congratulations! And Happy Birthday!

3. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Songster

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    it looks great thumb up but i would put 2 slide bolts on your coop door and 2 on run door, so no predator will get in there also on the bottom of run is it secure so no animals can dig under it.
    laura

4. cyberchick

Jul 17, 2010
    Wirral UK
    We now have toggles top and bottom of the coop to close the doors and toggles on the run door. The Run is built up to a brick boarder so unless anything can scratch its way through brick we should be OK. It's also built under a big old tree and the roots were really hard for us to dig through to get the coop were we have it. I do wish we had put a solid roof on the run as it has rained a lot lately, but that will have to wait until we can afford it. [​IMG]

5. welasharon

welasharon Songster

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    I put tarps over my run and tied down tight I have had no problems. Just make sure no water puddles on top or it can rip through!

6. Ironmaiden

Ironmaiden Chicken Maiden

Jun 14, 2010
    Kansas
    Way to go hubby! Nice lookin birds too. Happy Birthday. Seems like alot of us have birthday's around this time of year.

7. cyberchick

Jul 17, 2010
    Wirral UK
    Quote:Thanks, sounds like you need a happy birthday to [​IMG] x

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by