My Coop - still under construction (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by lunkerchicken, May 1, 2009.

1. lunkerchicken

lunkerchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Here are some pics of my coop I am building.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pictures coming soon.....

2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    [​IMG]

Looks great, will be looking for more pics soon!!

3. lunkerchicken

Thanks ChickenWhisperer, I hope to be done this weekend - time, weather and kids will dictate. More pics to follow...

4. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Awesome.....I so wish we had put in a vinyl floor before we put in the chickens!!! [​IMG] OH welll...live and learn... But I will put in vinyl the first time I give the coop a good cleaning!!!
    Your coop is gonna be so awesome!! [​IMG]

5. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Man Oh Man, That's an Awesome coop, your chickens will love you for ever, really nice job. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. lunkerchicken

Update, finished 3 of the exterior walls and added two roosts and a ramp. Pics to follow.....

7. Suburban chick farmer 09

Suburban chick farmer 09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    Nice job.

8. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Medford, Oregon
    Very nice. I bet your kids want to hang out in there.

Perfect size for your chicks. Look forward to seeing more pics.

9. lunkerchicken

It's funny you should mention that. I have 4 kids and they spend more time in there than the play house I built for them!!! I found my two youngest perched on the roosts yesterday clucking away - hysterical. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. lunkerchicken

Work update - I managed to get most of the trim painted today before the rain came. I also put a 2 x 10 up to the chicken door to see what it would look like. My 4 kids and the neighbors 2 kids proceeded to act like chickens, crawling up the ramp and right through the 1' x 1' chicken door - it was too funny.. I also managed to get the remaining plywood up so the walls are done. After the kids were done crawling around the coop, I framed out the chicken door to accept a sliding door panel. PICS are coming, promise!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by