My Coop!! (Wichita Cabin Coop)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ducksarecool12, Feb 9, 2013.

1. ducksarecool12

ducksarecool12 Songster

Jul 27, 2010
    oklahoma
    This is my coop! Got plans from the Wichita Cabin Coop, It's still not done (nother window, ramp, paint) but so close!! It now has sand on the bottom and doors have handles. The one thing I want to point out is the lift door. I couldn't find plans ANYWHERE! It is a very simple consept that worked out great! Now If I could just find some silkies in Oklahoma.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

2. jtbrown

jtbrown Songster

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Very nice, you are great at building! It looks so clean and neat! Am jealous! How many girls are you planning on getting, and what kind (any aside from the silkies?) I have 2 silkie girls from a local hatchery. I got them out of the bantum bin at the local feed store. just lucky mine were girls. Great job and good luck.

3. Very nice! It looks perfect!

4. Rachy

Rachy Songster

Jun 5, 2011
    UK
    Great coop! [​IMG]

5. ducksarecool12

ducksarecool12 Songster

Jul 27, 2010
    oklahoma
    Thanks y'all! I did it mostly by myself (had help with metal roof) and I'm only 15. :) Anyone can build a coop! I'm looking to get 4-5 hens I'm still deciding on silkies, buff Orpington, or rir! It will probably come down to which I find first.

6. Trefoil

Trefoil Songster

Dec 7, 2011
    You did a great job. Hope you find your silkies.

7. Great Job Kiddo! You should be very proud of yourself, and your parents proud of you for being able to do it. I hope you get your dream chickens soon!

8. Mac14

Mac14 Songster

Jul 21, 2012
    Northern California
    What, you did it yourself?! It's beautiful! As for the breeds, you should try all of them. I personally love my Buff Orp, and she is my second best layer. My best layer is a Red sex-link, she has only missed 3 days of laying since she has started laying in September! She is also sweet and is in the middle of the pecking order even though she is the second smallest of my flock. I hope everything goes well for you! :)

9. ducksarecool12

ducksarecool12 Songster

Jul 27, 2010
    oklahoma
    Thanks again y'all! My parents are definitely proud of me! It took me some time but now it's sooo close to being done :) I actually was thinking about having a mix flock couple silkies, a buff, and a rir. I like all the colors in a mixed flock. If I could find some eggs around my to hatch I would do that but I haven't had luck with that yet. I'm ready to try out my new incubator I got for Christmas (hovabator 1588 with egg turner) and my brooder and my ecoglow brooder heaters! My brooder still need two more doors but I think it looks great so far! :D it's 3'x1 1/2' two story. [​IMG]

10. You've got talent! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by