1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. ChickenMommy

ChickenMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    North East Texas
    Just thought I'd finally put pictures of our Chicken Coop on. I have been meaning to do so. It was a long process, 4 long weekends, but It was very fun!

The coop it self is 6x4x6. There are 2 levels inthe coop. There are three 6 feet long roosts on the top level. there are 4 nest boxes ont he bottum level, which is where the food is as well. The water is on the outside run area. There are 2 screened in windows on either of the 4 feet sides and on the back 6 foot side there is doors to the nest boxes. On one of the 4 feet sides the entire wall opens up like a door for easy cleaning and filling the feeder. On the front side in the run on the 1st level there is a door with a ramp for the chickens to come and go and there is also a "patio" area from the 2nd level. Since the pictures were taken I have also added on a 6x12 run onto the main coop. And I have added another coop( an old dog house converted to coop) for my teenage chickens. Yes I had to buy more, they are addicting. I will get pictures of these soon and post them as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    Looks cute! Love the color!

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Nice job......I wish more people took such good care. That is a solid home for them, they are lucky.

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] How cute it that ! Congrats I know you are going to enjoy it.... good job !

5. Sharona

Sharona Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2007
    Illinois
    Nice coop! I'm envious! [​IMG]

6. ChicksinBoise

ChicksinBoise Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    Very nice coop! I bet they are happy little ladies. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by