Oct 28, 2009
    Highland City, FL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    Really nifty. Love the water tank and feeder. Great job of tapering roof over run too. No preds digging in to that setup (other than badgers) I would add 1/2" hardware wire cloth all around bottom 24" of entire thing. Coons, dogs, and coyotes can rip chicken wire apart.

3. possumqueen

possumqueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Monroe, North Carolina
    Beautiful!!! I REALLY love the watering setup.

What's that you've got it sitting on? Looks like some kind of concrete base? Very tidy and efficient![​IMG]

4. BradnKellie

BradnKellie Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2009
    Highland City, FL
    The water bucket is a 5gal w/lid from lowe's that I put a toilet float valve in to keep it full.

The roof is corrigated, smoked pvc panels that I "curved" over a 4" peak.

The 1/2" wire mesh would be overkill. You can see the yellow insulators around the base, these are attached to a Fido-Shock electric fence. My dog, Catahoula Cur, is convinced that the chickens bite. I have come home to find rats hanging, dead, from the wire and have noticed that snakes give the coop a wide birth. We have a lot of Black Racers in the area.

5. BradnKellie

BradnKellie Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2009
    Highland City, FL
    Oh, sorry. The concrete base is engineering cylinders that I got from a local environmental testing company. They are 6" in diameter and 12" tall. I buried them all 6" in the ground and lag bolted the base boards of the coop and run to them. In the run I put down treated decking boards and then use about 4 bags of cypress mulch that I change out about every 3 months. The chickens seem to really like it and its easy to scoop out with the wood decking underneath.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by