1. FrankieMcElfresh

FrankieMcElfresh Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2011
    I've been working on it since March 2011, but I always find new things to build onto it [​IMG] it was originally just an old barn about to go to ruins, but I restored it and set it up for my chickens and duck [​IMG] I built everything by hand and used everything scrap, all I had to pay for was the chickens, feed, and feeder and drinker.

#1: Back of barn and the fenced in yard for the chickens and duck.

#2: Chickens hanging out in their yard [​IMG] I have since put straw...everywhere lol so dont mind it being so bare [​IMG]

#3: Chickens inside by their feeder and drinkers...like I said this has since been filled with straw lol

#4: Above Outside yard, first on is the duck yard and the back one is the the chickens, I have a old chain link fence above it to keep them from escaping and from predators coming in.

#5: Chickens hanging outside...once again before straw was added.

#6: Ducky's yard and swimming pool [​IMG]

#7: Chickens coming down their ramp into their yard [​IMG]

#8: Chicken yard...finally with straw lol

#9: The Duck cage I built back in February and March...I used to have it on an old trailer just to move it around, once the barn was finished I put it in there.

Thanks for looking [​IMG] any questions or concerns please feel free to express [​IMG][​IMG]
  2. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga. It looks like it works for you. That makes it great. Good Luck. NPIP Ga.-1211
  3. gertiie

gertiie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Warsaw, Indiana
    I thought I read on these forums somewhere, that mixing chickens and ducks in the same area, and the chickens having access to the ducks pool water was toxic and not good for them, since there was duck feces present in the swimming water .
  4. greenegglover

greenegglover Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Quote:I think they have two yards...one for chickens and one for ducks.....
  5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    I like the privacy fence. And I like how you found another use for an old barn!
  6. Grillmaster33

Grillmaster33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Triad, NC
    Very nice re-use.

You may want to triple check to be sure that everything is secure and predator proof. Particularly the roof/fencing.
  7. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Tennessee Plateau
    Quote:I agree... it looks like you could tighten up the chain link where it meets the privacy fence to make more secure. Other than that, I think it looks great... makes for happy chickens!
  8. FrankieMcElfresh

FrankieMcElfresh Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2011
    Quote:The pool is on the ducks side only he has access and for the water lol its not feces, he was playing in the dirt just before I took the picture with my phone, I changed it right after [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by