1. coonhoundmama87

coonhoundmama87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Just wanted to show off my coops a bit [​IMG] Also I like looking at my pictures since it was sunny and snow free just a few days ago when I took the pictures [​IMG] The red coop is for my laying hens but it's actually full of my young chickens for the winter. I sold my layers and plan on keeping some of the pullets in the picture. These guys were just too young to be outside all winter. Some will be free ranged others will be sold. It has a run you can see some of it in the outside shot but it's just temporary for the winter and looks horrible. It's getting redone in spring, too much to do this year. The run is inside of the same pen that the metal coop is in. The metal coop is for the free range chickens. They are in a pen but can come and go around the farm as they please. Some do, some don't, it's their choice. I also have other free ranging chickens but they roost in the sheep house. I know they aren't anything fancy but not bad for two kids just starting out. We built them both ourselves. The red coop was the most expensive because we had to buy lumber and paint and such. But the metal coop was mostly free. It's made from steal racking that was cut and bolted together with some wood. Both coops have electricity. So tell me what you think! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Very good use of material. [​IMG]

You have a lot of coops; how many birds do you have?

3. Hens & Hounds

Hens & Hounds Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    NJ
    love your coops! & love your dog too! [​IMG] Funny I am on the phone now w/ my friend from WI [​IMG]

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I couldn't even see the coops. That adorable little stubby kitty standing there was blocking my view [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. coonhoundmama87

Oct 26, 2011
    Wisconsin
    AlienChick- I'm not exactly sure how many I have at this moment because my brain is all snowed up lol. I believe there to be around 60 total with the majority of those being free range.

Hens & Hounds- how odd is it that I also have a black and tan and a plott hound!! Used to have more but our old blue tick passed away this spring. I miss that old boy, he had such a pretty bay.

teach1rusl- I didn't notice he was in the picture until I loaded them onto here. And I actually just noticed if you look in the lower left corner there is a little bit of my black kitten Spooky [​IMG]

6. Hodawg

Hodawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I love your avatar, coonhoundmama87! I'm a coonhound lover from way back. Unfortunately, living in a suburb now, I can't have one without a lot of trouble. My favorites are the Black & Tan and the Bluetick.

Beers y'all,
    Ken

7. coonhoundmama87

Oct 26, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Hodawg- thanks! coonhounds are the best dogs in the world!!! I've had a black and tan, a bluetick, and a plott. I'd love to get a walker, I think they are gorgeous!

8. LN2008

LN2008 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2011
    Larryville, KS
    Quote:Same here! What a cutie

9. chickiecharmer

chickiecharmer New Egg

Mar 14, 2013
    Home!
    Cool coops, you may think they aren't that nice, but if you just think about it, they're really nice in a lot if ways! And cute kitten!<3 I mean, I don't even have one, but we are building one this summer! But I really do love the inside!!!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  10. new breeder

new breeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2013
    Greece
    very nice job!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by