1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Corid powder clumped up after getting slightly moist; is it still effective?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Alexandra33, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey, guys! [​IMG] I just got 24 new chicks, and they seem to have a case of Cocci, though not terribly severe. In an attempt to respond to the excessive intestinal lining in their stool, I've been giving them Corid in the water, but this brings up a rather silly question: last time I used it was summer of last year, when our middle-aged chicks caught it, and I must have gotten a little moisture in the package, because it clumped up into hard chunks. Is it still just as suitable for combating Cocci? If it's not, what I really need is to stop by Rural King and pick up more so that my chicks don't get worse.

Thanks!
    -Alex

2. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    I would get some new, just to be safe. That way you know it is completely effective.

Best of luck! [​IMG]

3. Alexandra33

Thanks, @GitaBooks ! [​IMG] Just what I need to know. It's probably a silly question, but I simply want my beloved babies to be safe.

-Alex

4. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    You're doing a great job. You caught on to their cocci early and that's the best way to treat it effectively. [​IMG]

5. Alexandra33

You are so kind! Thank you for the encouraging words; they mean a lot. [​IMG]

-Alex

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by