My craving turned, weird

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Feathers Acres, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    I pretty much starved myself for an hour, because I kept saying to to myself, you just ate a big rice crispy you dont need anything else (Mind you our pantry is pretty much empty so theres not much to choose from). I had this weird craving for tuna and onions sauteed with butter. Well...my craving landed me in the kitchen melting butter in a pan, and chopping up onions and opening a packet a tuna. I kept telling myself "Im going to make this and its going to taste so horrible like it usualy does with everything I make" (Im no MP i'll tell you that!) and I take the first bite and OMG its heavenly! cooked onions and butter tastes sooo yumo with anything meat! ANYTHING!

[​IMG]

So tell me, where has you late night cravings landed you?[​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Are you expecting?[​IMG]

3. Feathers Acres

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    Haha! nooo [​IMG]

I took 4 bites of the stuff and I was good LOL thats my downfall with tuna, I can only eat so much before getting sick of the taste. Now I wanna banana [​IMG]

4. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Quote:That was my first thought [​IMG] My cravings usually have to do with salt or chocolate.

Nancy

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I can't comment on people's weird cravings. I eat half a jar of pickled sausage and then eat a banana split. [​IMG]

6. Feathers Acres

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    Quote:OMG haha thats crazy!

I've had steak and then 20 minutes later I wanted peanut butter sandwhich.

[​IMG]

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:OMG haha thats crazy!

I've had steak and then 20 minutes later I wanted peanut butter sandwhich.

[​IMG]

MMMMMMMmmmmm peanut butter and banana sandwich, followed by some pringles salt and vinegar potato chips. Yum!

8. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know what's considered weird, but I have a "fusion" Japanese recipe. It's rice and... Ketchup! Okay, it has other things like peas and carrots, too.

It's yummy though, and economical.

9. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Darned cravings. While pregnant with our first, I was always eating Stouffer's Mac & Cheese, and with our second, we've had to make late night trips to Wal-mart to pick up steak and mushrooms to make sautee'd mushrooms, steak and scalloped potatoes (had to be fresh portabellas too). That was an expensive meal, so we didn't have the steak/mushrooms around all of the time, so when the craving hit, we had to hit Wal-mart.
    Both boys, I had to have Nardone's Pizza, which is just a 5lb box of really soft, bready dough pizza, they were "snack size" portions, but you had to break it off from the main piece, and omfg, that stuff is heavenly.
    I also craved meat, all of the time. For dinner, half of the time, I would skip the sides and eat a double portion of whatever meat we were making. This was worse with our second.

As far as non-pregnancy cravings, at least when you're not pregnant, you don't HAVE to have that specific food at that exact moment, you can at least wait until the next day, or up to a week. That's how it works for me anyways.
    Right now, I'm craving my mother's stuffed mushrooms. Sad thing being that I just ate some for easter! Lol.

10. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Pie. I want pie, so long as it's not banana or mincemeat or pumpkin.

Mmmm pecan.
    chocolate chess
    cherry
    mmmmmm pie.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by