My Crazy Life with Chickens!

JessBradley

Chirping
Aug 25, 2019
Michigan
I want to share a story of the last 14 hours of my life as a Chicken Mama!
Last night, I went to lock my 9 ladies in their coop for the night and counted only 8. I started to search the yard and came up empty handed. I checked the garage, the lane to the woods, ditch, side of the road, etc. Found NOTHING

⛈The weather got terrible last night and I kept turning on all the outside flood lights to see if she possibly came home and was hiding on one of the porches... Nothing... so finally after being worried about the heavy rain and winds (Pure Michigan Weather) I fell asleep.

I woke up this morning turning all porch lights on again and no bird in sight. Get the kids up, get then ready for school while continuing to check out the windows. NOTHING again.

My oldest goes and let's all the other ladies out of the coop and everyone wandered to the front like usual. I counted, my kids counted and we still only had 8.

Alright, so by this point I'm sad because I'm sure shes been eaten and wont be coming home

I go lock up the house, go to get into the truck and BOOM THERE SHE IS! IN MY TRUCK!!! Tammie 2 had been in my truck, I'm assuming, since we got home from THE BUS STOP!!! So roughly 5:15 p.m. the night before!!!! THATS 15 HOURS!!!

She had to have been living the dream for there was a blanket on the passenger seat, crumbs in the back from the boys and a nice warm place to keep her safe from the storm!
YES there was poop on the floor and the center console but NOTHING on any of the seats! Do I consider myself lucky? I'm still trying to figure that part out?

Attachments

• IMG_20190912_094654_715.jpg
    IMG_20190912_094654_715.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190912_074242.jpg
    20190912_074242.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom