My creative punishment...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Camelot Farms, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

In keeping with the theory of hit-em-where-it-hurts, I am 'fining' my DS's.

This is extremely embarrassing to admit but they are SLOBS. I truly dont know where they get it, because I am not. Must be paternally hereditary...lol...its always great to blame it on the ex-dh.

Anyways...their rooms are pig-pen disgusting! I am forever telling them NO FOOD in your rooms because they dont bring back the dirty dishes. So occasionally I will go to get a spoon or a plate or a cup and there are NONE.

So, yesterday I told them to bring me up all of the dirty dishes. They brought up a few token dishes and told me there werent any more. Rather than argue, I waited til they were both gone and I sent DD on a mission....

.25 for every dish she could find in their rooms. She earned 11.25!!! Which means that she found 45 dishes...spoons, cups, plates, tupperware etc etc.

They have been texted and told that they owe this fine when they return home!

I am hoping that fining them will work. I have tried everything else. But now that they are working, they have money and maybe this will hit them.

Anyone else use any creative punishments that have worked?

2. Bullet

Bullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2009
    Mt. Pleasant
    That sounds great! I hope it works out for ya!!!!! [​IMG]

3. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    [​IMG] I like this one.

My mom always did the "dump everything in the middle of the room" , and we were not allowed to leave the room till it was finished. Boy,, that one worked for me, but not my brother

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    [​IMG]

5. elijahboy

elijahboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    goose creek sc
    Wait till about an 1 1/2 before dinner time and start cooking a real good smelly meal. When it hits 30 min before dinner time tell them if they plan to eat plan on cleaning up. Most people and kids will do things when there is time in the factor. Fix everyones plate and tell them as soon as the rooms are clean they can eat. However, the longer it takes to clean the room the colder the food will be and no reheating!

6. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    See I had just the opposite, Kim. My sons bedrooms were spotless, it was my 2 daughters who were the slobs!

I would definitely fine them. Whatever works!

Laurie

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    You can also throw away their stuff...OR, clean up the room, put their stuff in trashbags and make them pay to get their stuff back from the trashbag.

8. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    I have 3 neices that it would take a bulldozer to get from one side to the other. The oldest just started college ~ she's going to have to learn to pick up after herself now ... she shares with 2 other girls.

I kept a clean room growing up ~ until my mother looked under my bed. [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Wait you live in MY house and have MY kids!!!!! I have a fail safe method for making them follow the dishes rule though. Ken knows how to shut down the internet in their rooms. If we find a dish POOF goes the internet. Then they leave. Mission accomplished. They are all over 18....

10. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Debi...can I borrow Ken? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by