my CROOKED neckes rir,, gone.........

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by the1much, Dec 21, 2008.

1. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

to a wonderful lady [​IMG]
    this lady stopped in a week or so ago,, her husband has wanted chickens for years,, well they bought this property about 20 miles away,, is a small farm type place,, then they saw our house,, she stopped in,, called her husband,, and begged me to hold onto 24 chicks for her,,,, she wanted my mutts...... so i did ,,, ( her husband needed time to build a coop... so today she showed up,, was jumping for joy,,, just LOVED them mutts,, her husband built a big 20x20 coop,, has it insulated, heated,, and ready to go,,, hehehe,,, this old lady was loving it,,,, well anywho...... she was looking at MY chicks,, and i had a 3 month rir, we called "crooked" ,, his neck was bent at a 90 degree angle,,,,, i started laughing cause she looked at him,, then looked again,,,, i said ya,, he's a "special" breed,, they call them " corner look-outs" hahahahhaa,,,,,,,,,,,
    she was like,, "is he for sale??" i laughed,, said nope,, he's "stuck" that way,, so he stays,,,,, she was all " awwww ,, i would love to have him" ........ so,, since i said he wasnt for sale,,,,,,, i gave him to her... [​IMG]

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    [​IMG] Great! Sounds like they all have a wonderful home.

3. the1much

Quote:they do,,,,,,, its just that SOOOoooo many of the people who come here are well ...... "dough-heads" ,, hehe,, and i would NEVER get rid of 1 of my "special" birds,,,, but this lady brought back a memory when stupid people were less "abundant" hahaha [​IMG]
    so i had ta share,, lol,,,,,,,, " I FOUND A NORMAL PERSON" hahahaha

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Aw... what a great guy.

5. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    I knew you were soft in the head.. I mean heart! You New Englanders .... Sounds like everyone is happy- cool, dude!

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Aw Jim, you did a good thing today!!! [​IMG] I just love people who love chickens!

7. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Hippie, you never cease to tickle me good......[​IMG]
    You're a true salesman to entice a lady to want that uh, well, uh, less perfect looking rooster with a 90 degree, angled, looking around a corner, head! He was her treasure find of the day! Glad you gave him to a great home! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Our chicks from MM got sick with something that caused their necks to go haywire. Most of them died, but one recovered..."Neckie" my broody Partridge Rock.

9. the1much

hehehe,,,,,, thankies all ,,, i was just so surprised to find someone as ,, umm,,,, "special" like me,,lol,, ,, he's the kind of bird i would buy,, hahahhaa [​IMG]

10. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:You're a good man, Hippie Jim. I am lucky to know about you
    Christina

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by