1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Cuckoo has black spots on feet.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by feather and mountain man, Feb 7, 2011.

1. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    I know she is not a good breed for cold weather but it is not just on the end of her toes but a few black spots on bottom of legs. Is this frost bite? Please help she is my favorite chicken and a sweety pie.

2. lauramei

lauramei Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2010
    My black Cuckoo has pinkish-tan legs and feet, and she started getting some black spots on them as a pullet (around 4 mos). You can see the black in the photo below. If her spots don't have other frost-bitey symptoms, I think it's natural for the breed. Hope this helps a little.

[​IMG]

3. lauramei

lauramei Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2010
    My black Cuckoo has pinkish-tan legs and feet, and she started getting some black spots on them as a pullet (around 4 mos). You can see the black in the photo below. If her spots don't have other frost-bitey symptoms, I think it's natural for the breed. Hope this helps a little.

[​IMG]

4. madimorg

madimorg Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2010
    Central Ohio
    My Cuckoo has black spots on her legs and feet also... I think it's just the breed characteristics.

5. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    She has never had them before and she is almost 3yrs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by