My Cup runneth Over.......(pics)

English Chick

English Mum
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Cheshire UK
Just wanted to share this pic with you, this is a pic of this mornings bounty from my rescued battery hens, they are really starting to come into their own......and there will be more eggs later....yeahhhhh

PICT0958.jpg

What a blessing!!! The most eggs I will ever get is four a day... but for two people who don't eat eggs every day, I think that should be enough. Maybe someday if I build another coop..... nah... my husband would never go for it...

Quote:
That probably depends on what pub your at, and whose buying....LOL

English Chick,
Thats pretty cool that you rescued hens. I've volunteered for K9 rescue, and Equine Rescue in the past, but I've never heard of Chicken Rescue. How's that work?

Quote:

English Chick,
Thats pretty cool that you rescued hens. I've volunteered for K9 rescue, and Equine Rescue in the past, but I've never heard of Chicken Rescue. How's that work?

There is a huge campaign going on in the Uk to rescue battery hens (Chicken Out Campaign and Hen Welfare Trust), the hens themselves are "dispatched" at 72 weeks old for cat and dog food, because their maximum laying capacity is over. The hen Welfare Trust then liases with the egg farmer to sell the hens to them for a nominal amount, thereby saving their lives....the trust go to the farms and take the hens off the farmers hands. take them to the rescue centre and then other people like me arrive to take them home. Every home is vetted, because a stipulation is that the battery hens must be kept free range, no more cages! You pay a donation for each hen you take which goes towards the Trusts work for more rescues. To date they have rescused nearly one million hens back to the good life..there is quite a waiting list of people wanting the battery hens. My girls are all doing reat and finally new feathers are starting to come through...and sooo friendly are my "Fluffy Butts"

Quote:

English Chick,

make mine a large glass of Pinot Grigio dahlink.....

Back
Top Bottom