My cutie patooties from McSpin

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Pineywoods Peepers, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Pineywoods Peepers

Pineywoods Peepers Certified Poultry Accruer

Just thought I'd post a few pics of the chicks I got from fellow BYCer McSpin on the 15th. I had originally requested 16 chicks, but due to a bad hatch, I only ended up with 7. Guess it means I'll have to order more this spring! That breaks my heart! [​IMG]

At a week and a half they're getting big and sassy, and they're feathering out nicely.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can tell they are Yankee chicks because they acted as though I was trying to roast them last week when the brooder was warmed to about 90 degrees. Today the brooder was about 80 degrees when I went out this morning to check on them, and they were perfectly content at that temp. They also peep without a trace of Southern drawl. I keep telling them that "peep" should be pronounced as though it had two syllables. They're coming around. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. Whimsy

Whimsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Cecilia KY
    Darling babies you have.

3. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

"I keep telling them that "peep" should be pronounced as though it had two syllables. "
    Ha, y'all 'll have to feed them lots of grits and black eyes peas or something to get them southified.[​IMG]

4. Pineywoods Peepers

Thanks, Whimsy! These guys seemed so tiny when they arrived. I guess I'd forgotten how small baby chicks were.

We're getting there, True Grit! Guess I need to break out a grit recipe for them.

I wonder if they'll be as crazy about grits as they are for oats and boiled eggs?? [​IMG]

5. Coleslaw

Coleslaw Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2010
    Oceanside, CA
    heheheheh the red one looks just like mine [​IMG])

6. Pineywoods Peepers

Do you have Welsummers, Coleslaw??? I really like my wellies. My current Wellie roo is king of the barnyard, but he's a real sweetie.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by