1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My dad and I are finally finishing the other coop! MORE PICS ADDED

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by M To The Maxx, Dec 11, 2009.

1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Our other coop as known as the abandoned one had some of our chickens in it but then he disease came and you know the rest but the coop was predator proof so the chickens could live in there. What I am getting at is that they could live in it even though it wasn't done. Some of the chickens were Dominic and Bella that lived in the coop. My dad finally had some spare time (they are getting a lot of work in thank god) so we put on the tar paper and roofing panels yesterday along with the drip edge (the silver things going accross the top). I will keep you updayted with pics on the process of getting it done. Here a few pics of the coop and run. [​IMG] Btw my dad designed this coop by himself. *Maxx running outside to take more pics*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We had to put these pieces of wood under the coop so the chickens could nnot get out that way. We are putting the panels on like we did the other coop that you can see on my BYC coop page.

[​IMG]
    Here is the gate.

[​IMG]
    Here is a pic of the run.

[​IMG]
    Here is a front view.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  2. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Would love to see more- you're having a grand time...[​IMG]

3. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Thanks. We are actually going to get this coop done the open the runs ( they are right next to each other) and let them lay and roost in the coop of their choosing. I will keep you updated on that too. [​IMG]

4. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

That would be nice. Do you have to consider predators?

5. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:Wjat do you mean by that? We have coons and opossums.

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] thats fantastic, just let me know when you're going to come to my place to build me another one!

7. Chicken Lover33

Chicken Lover33 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2009
    Denver,CO
    Looking good! [​IMG]

8. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Well today by myself I cut the chicken wire and extended the runs so they can go in both now. [​IMG] Here are some pics of the chickens destroying all of the grass that is all over in the other run.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is one spot where I cut the chicken wire to where they get through into the other run.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  9. maf2008

maf2008 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    They sure have a lot of room Nice! [​IMG]

10. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    Neat looking job. Where are the vents? Are they concealed in the roof overhang?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by